New from members

Share your favorite fan-work here.

New from members

Postby heliopause » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 am

To keep us up to date with what we all, the members here, are posting - we can post about our own latest fics, or about fellow-members' latest, if they're too reticent to post!
For example: transposable_element has published a new chapter of In Mourning over on AO3. \o/

And we could post other relevant news, too.
For example: rthstewart has just started a three-sentence ficathon, on Dreamwidth - I've seen at least couple of Narnia prompts there, and more are bound to come. (You don't need to be a DW member to play.)
heliopause

Re: New from members

Postby transposable_element » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:05 pm

heliopause wrote:To keep us up to date with what we all, the members here, are posting - we can post about our own latest fics, or about fellow-members' latest, if they're too reticent to post!
For example: transposable_element has published a new chapter of In Mourning over on AO3. \o/

And it's a wrap!

Also, additions to rthstewart's three-sentence ficathon, on Dreamwidth seem to have flagged. Get going, people!
transposable_element

Postby Glenstorm63 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:47 am

Hello!
A couple months ago, I reorganised some of my chapters of The Gryphon, the River and the Wildcat, but have put it on hold to let my head canon sort itself and get the story trajectory right. Lots of revisions needed I think. I have recently updated, renamed or added sequences to Tales of Jadis. The first "The Aftermath" is a one shot and has been up for many months and has recieved some reasonable reviews. I recently embarked on Tales of Jadis 2, a multichapter about her return to Narnia from the far north and used this to demonstrate my head canon that the snow and ice is not her doing, but is in fact a function of her having sprung a booby trap for herself by targetting the tree of protection. It explores her humanity to some small degree. The last chapter ends hurriedly just because I had had enough and is therefore not satisfactory and I will probably revise and then add a few further chapters sometime. Then I wrote Tales of Jadis 3 which is primarily about Tumnus before he bumps into Lucy and only secondarily about Jadis. It's dark, because necessarily it is about Tumnus's inner journey as a spy and a traitor and how he walks the line in the most ethical way he can. All are uploaded to both AO3 and fanfiction.net
Glenstorm63

Postby Glenstorm63 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:12 am

I recently discovered Carpetbaggers by cofax, (had to look up the meaning of carpetbaggers) and am about half way through part 1. Very enjoyable but I needed to take a break from it. I'm liking the complexity of Narnian cultures and species/ethnic groups that cofax presents here. The key character of Maugrim's sister who acts as their guide, ambassador and protector lends a layer of uncertainty and menace. And the more wild unpredictable centaurs on the north west fringes are far closer to the old bloody stories about them, than the wise old seer/healer image that Lewis presents us with.
Glenstorm63

Postby heliopause » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:51 am

I think Carpetbaggers is terrific! Especially the morning-after feel of the opening, Susan in the underwater cave, and the revelations in the witch's castle. This was certainly a fic which influenced my own writing.
heliopause

Postby Glenstorm63 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Hello everyone. For those interested... some shameless self promotion... last year I began a fic about several days after the kids get back out of the wardrobe, which involves Polly coming down from London on a hunch. It is now 12 chapters and I have been getting the most wonderful reviews. It involves both Polly and Digory heading back to Narnia by chapter 6, but this will not affect canon, so I am not classing it as AU. All critical feedback very welcome.
Glenstorm63

Return to Recommendations