Board suggestions

Suggestions and requests for the boards go here.

Board suggestions

Postby songsmith » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:23 am

Welcome to the new NFFR boards! As you can see it's a little bare around here. If there's a board you think we should have, suggest it here!

EDIT: Just to clarify (as I got a question about it), any registered member is welcome to start new threads in existing boards. New boards have to be created by administrators, so they need to be suggested. :)
Last edited by songsmith on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
songsmith

Re: Board suggestions

Postby rthstewart » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:11 pm

This is VERY exciting! Thank you! One thought is at least a link to the old AsCasts, which are out there somewhere and I had a like a while ago which I got from Starbrow who I think got it from Winged.

Also a basic instruction on coding and technical questions was always helpful too.

Hiding fandom in the underwear drawer since 1977
rthstewart

Postby Mcath21 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:47 pm

rthstewart wrote:This is VERY exciting! Thank you! One thought is at least a link to the old AsCasts, which are out there somewhere and I had a like a while ago which I got from Starbrow who I think got it from Winged.

Also a basic instruction on coding and technical questions was always helpful too.

I'm curious what are the old AsCast?
Mcath21

Postby heliopause » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:07 am

Mcath21 - Ascast refers to a series of podcasts made a few years ago, by the original Narnia Fan Fiction Revolution. I managed to hear one of them just before they vanished; I remember the various NFFR people were saying "Good day, trrrrrravellers!" in the voice of the Lady of the Green Kirtle, with much laughter. (Is there anyone reading this who was one of those trilling in that podcast?) It would be great if they could be found and made available.
heliopause

Postby Breeze » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:53 am

Hi!

I was one of those hosts of there back in the day! I can't believe it's been so long! Where does time go?

I have a couple of the old episodes saved on my laptop and can try to upload it if you like?
Breeze

Postby songsmith » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi Breeze!

Several of us have saved ones, maybe if we pool them we could get a complete set?
songsmith

Postby adaese » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Might there be any interest in a board discussing possible sources and influences? I'm currently re-reading Spenser's Faerie Queen, (Heliopausa having drawn my attention to some of the parallels) and find myself wanting to squee about it.
adaese

Postby songsmith » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:02 pm

I'll happily make one, but honestly I think that could be a topic (which anyone can start) rather than a board? It's not as if we have thousands of posts a day for things to get lost among. :)
songsmith

Return to Suggestions