Help! I'm stuck in Narnia!

Welcome! Stop by and introduce yourself!

Help! I'm stuck in Narnia!

Postby Glenstorm63 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi Folks. Thanks to whoever set this up.

I've been stuck in Narnia to my lasting chagrin and shame for 45 years, periodically re-reading the novels about once or twice a year, since at age 10, I used to read each one in an immersive night until I had completed them in one week. I've had a similar relationship with many of my favourite children's books, although Narnia and Middle-earth top the pile. After discovering fanfic two years ago, I finally decided my way out of this was to to go further up and further in by writing my own. This way I can bring my sensibilities as a white lefty feminism-inspired greeny aetheist (monarchy-tragic oh dear) man to the oh so Christian, oh so pre-adolescent, but oh so bright sexy world of Narnia and gently explore what this all means. I am a big fan of Heliopause, Transposable_Element, Elizabeth Culmer, rthstewart, and Ali B.

My first foray is The Gryphon, the River and the Wildcat, which is more a world building exercise than a story with a trajectory; hence it got stuck and I've left it for a while to write other things. I have long wanted to focus on Jadis the human being and what makes her tick as well as what the heck Tumnus was doing with a bunch of presents in the woods on a snowy night anyway. Tales of Jadis 1, 2 and 3 are my first takes.

I'm interested in taking part in some discussions here now I've discovered the site. Cheers!
Glenstorm63

Re: Help! I'm stuck in Narnia!

Postby Glenstorm63 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:40 pm

Oh, and I love Ana Mardoll's Ramblings, a blog which contains a whole bunch of blowtorch reviews about Narnia, if you haven't discovered her yet. She goes where noone else goes and I must say, she's helped lance quite a few of my Narnia boils!
Glenstorm63

Postby adaese » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:42 am

Welcome, Glenstorm!
adaese

Postby heliopause » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Hello, Glenstorm! Good to see you here, and looking forward to reading your posts.
heliopause

Postby Endres » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:35 am

heliopaeuse wrote:Hello, Glenstorm! Good to see the https://www.agilebuddy.com/lean-belly-b ... nd-results Lean Belly Breakthrough here, and looking forward to reading your posts.

You are a true fan.
Endres

Return to Introductions